Saturday, November 21, 2009

Jinkies, its Saturday!




Im just going to get right to it. Yes this is going to be a rant ladies and gentlemen. Its about 3 in the morning here and my insomnia has decided to pay me a visit. Not fun at all.

So I was watching the new earlier today and this one story caught my eye and I decided I would discuss it on my blog. Because, I can bitch and rant on here without taking it out physically. I think of writing as a form of healing for me. It helps and I love with. And there's nothing wrong with loving something.

Like how I really would love to be a singer. You have no idea! Its just hard for me to find anyone to jam with so I can add music onto a myspace site and try to advertise it. I know a thing or to about doing things. I just don't have the resources to do so. Being poor is not really fun.

Ive been having trouble lately with my health. My mood has been very very up and down. Some mornings I will wake up and not want to get out of bed. I'm just having my yearly breakdown I guess lol. But I am getting better so that's awesome. I'm getting back on my feet and talking more to people. Being anti-social can hurt a person's life. I should know.

Anyway. Ive been listening lately to Kelly Clarkson's new album, "All I Ever Wanted." I must say the albums is very awesome. Go out and buy the album ladies n gents because its really good. I did and I am relatively poor lol. I support the girl because I understand her and her music. She definitely has one of the most beautiful voices in the world. Ive loved all of her albums and everything she sings because she is just so much more than amazing

Now I just have to check up on Ms.Underwood. Yes, Carrie Underwood. I heard she came out with a new album. Listened to an album off of it and it sounded really cool. I don't normally listen to country music but she sure tickles my musical interest. What can I say, I love music.

My parents were both very much into music. My dad was in a band when he was younger. My mother was a singer at a college who actually was so good that she was asked to go on the road and do a tour of her singing songs. My mother had a big opportunity to make it to the big times but she passed it down because of my father. She wanted to settle down and have kids, normal life.
I wish they could have both pursued their dreams and still have a family.
But what can you undo whats already done?

Ok so on to the news story. It seems that the mayor of Jacksonville, Mayor Payton, is actually in a power struggle with the city. It seems that he wants to change some sort of city law. Basically, the mayor wants to change a law that would transfer power to the mayor and future mayors once elected. Changing this law, voters voting for who gets to be Commissioner and head of the school board of Duval County will not be able to vote who takes those positions. Because the mayor and future mayors will be the only ones who will have this right.

I think this is utter bullshit. The people of Jacksonville have a right to choose who we want in charge of the police department and head of the duval county school board. All the mayor wants is more power under his belt and I sickens me to see someone I didn't get a chance to vote for.

Most people don't know this but he owns a chain of gas stations in Jacksonville called "Gate". The guy is from money, he is not like the middle class people who have struggled to pay our bills and have food on the table. You have no idea how hard it is to be poor until your there. God challenges us all one way or another. Its the outcome that matters the most. And I refuse to be defeated by this world.


later peeps!

2 Comments:

Blogger ryan field said...

Hey...

I'm checking all my favorite blogs today. Nice Post.

Sat Nov 21, 11:50:00 AM 2009  
Blogger Ryan said...

kadin is a fan of kelly's i like some of her stuff but want really a fan she alright i guess haha. ill take my reba over all them bitches haha!

Mon Nov 23, 07:36:00 AM 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home