Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Speaking my mind




Yes it is 430 in the morning and I am awake. My sleeping schedule is alot differnt these days. I want to start this post first by pointing out something a fellow blogger friend of mine and someone I consider my brother pointed out to me today. Now I can understand if some of the things I say may come around as either rude or just not appropriate but I say whats on my mind, with no negative intentions.

Now I never consider anything I say to be rude or inappropriate because I tend to speak my mind with positivity. Basically, I said something about this up and coming singer who my friend was promoting and he kind of took it the wrong way. Now when it comes to my opinion, I tend to stick to it,especially when I feel right about something.

The singer my friend was promoting is actually a gay american singer and hes a guy, and hes cute. Now the only thing I care about when it comes to music is the quality of the music. Some people may like this guys style of music, others may not. I myself like the type of music he plays but one thing strikes a cord with me. Even though he is cute, and gay... but his vocals are abit mediocre.

I actually like to point things out like this because I feel that constructive criticism is key to becoming a better singer. The guy just needs some vocal training and I bet he will get further in his career. Maybe that's the way his voice is, I don't know for sure since I don't know the guy. But like I said, you can have all the talent in the world but if your vocals are just not up to par with your performance, its going to show. I just feel I should be the person to tell the guy that even though his music is great, it would be awesome if he did some vocal training to help strengthen his vocal ability.

Now I can and cant speak for myself. I can speak for myself because I have been singing for FOREVER and have had people tell me great things about my voice. But I am not here to boast, I am just stating what I myself have been through. And I can't really speak for myself because the singer is getting paid to do gigs and has a whole tour thing going. And I don't have any way of doing what he does because I don't play the guitar or any instrument so it sucks. So maybe its just me but, my opinion is my opinion and I see no fault in it. Especially when I never ever put someone down or be rude to someone. Its just not me.

You can be gay, straight, lez, trans, I honestly don't care what sex or race you are. If I find an artist has talent, I will be very positive about them. Because if I ever sounded like shit, I would love for someone to call me out on it and be honest because if your not honest then that person will never becoming a better singer. Because in the long run, it can greatly help the singer and may even make them a better performer. Like I said, I would want someone to do the same for me if I were in his position.

I got in touch with my buddy and explained it to him. I hope I didn't shock him by how forward I am with how I talk. But as long as he understands me, all things are groovy. Anyway, I am going to see if I can go to sleep here soon. Its almost 5 in the morning and I am WIRED. I may write a chapter or two before I head to bed but its all in the air. *gets off soapbox*

Later bloggers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home